Re: Pali Day by Day 1/4/2004 [A246]

    Message 1 of 1247 , Jan 4, 2004
      Dear John and friends,

      I agree, thanks very much. I have made the correction.

      metta,
      Yong Peng

      --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, John Kelly wrote:
      > 8. Pabbatasmi.m guhaasu vasantaa siihaa vaalukaaya kii.lante mige
      > maaresu.m.
      I would suggest "The lions living in the caves in the mountain
      killed the deer playing on the sand."

      > 9. Ammaa daarikaaya kujjhitvaa hatthena pahari.
      "The mother got angry with the girl and hit her with her hand."
      In English the possessive adjective qualifying hand would almost
      always be used in such situations.
    • Dhivan Thomas Jones
      Message 1247 of 1247 , Jul 4, 2011
        Hello Jayarava and friends,