MN62 Mahaaraahulovaadasutta (15)

    Message 1 of 35 , Jan 4, 2004
      Dear Nina and friends,

      here is the next paragraph of the sutta.

      "'Piitippa.tisa.mvedii assasissaamii'ti sikkhati;
      one who experiences joy / will breathe in / trains himself
      "'I will breath in as one who experiences joy', he trains himself;

      * piitippa.tisa.mvedii = piiti+p+pa.tisa.mvedii : one who experiences
      joy.

      'piitippa.tisa.mvedii passasissaamii'ti sikkhati;
      one who experiences joy / will breathe out / trains himself
      'I will breath out as one who experiences joy', he trains himself;

      'sukhappa.tisa.mvedii assasissaamii'ti sikkhati;
      one who experiences happiness / will breathe in / trains himself
      'I will breath in as one who experiences happiness', he trains
      himself;

      * sukhappa.tisa.mvedii = sukha+p+pa.tisa.mvedii : one who experiences
      happiness.

      'sukhappa.tisa.mvedii passasissaamii'ti sikkhati;
      one who experiences happiness / will breathe out / trains himself
      'I will breath out as one who experiences happiness', he trains
      himself;

      'cittasa'nkhaarappa.tisa.mvedii assasissaamii'ti sikkhati;
      one who understands mental functions / will breathe in / trains
      himself
      'I will breath in as one who understands the mental functions', he
      trains himself;

      * cittasa'nkhaara = citta + sa'nkhaara : mental functions.
      * cittasa'nkhaarappa.tisa.mvedii =
      citta+sa'nkhaara+p+pa.tisa.mvedii : one who understands mental
      functions.

      'cittasa'nkhaarappa.tisa.mvedii passasissaamii'ti sikkhati;
      one who understands mental functions / will breathe out / trains
      himself
      'I will breath out as one who understands the mental functions', he
      trains himself;

      'passambhaya.m cittasa'nkhaara.m assasissaamii'ti sikkhati;
      calming / mental functions / will breathe in / trains himself
      'I will breathe in calming the mental functions', he trains himself;

      'passambhaya.m cittasa'nkhaara.m passasissaamii'ti sikkhati.
      calming / mental functions / will breathe out / trains himself
      'I will breathe out calming the mental functions', he trains himself.

      Please correct me if I am wrong.

      metta,
      Yong Peng
      Message 35 of 35 , Jul 19, 2004
        Dear Nina and friends,

        thanks again, Nina. I shall write to you offline regarding the
        preparation of the materials for the Web. I think it shall be easier
        for us that way.

        At the same time, I would also like to thank everyone who have
        participated in the discussion and made the translation of
        Maharahulovada Sutta a success.