Dhammapada

  • societe_bouddhiste_gotama
    Message 1 of 40 , Dec 30, 2003
      As I am quite new to the Paa.li language, my question may be not so
      intelligent, but it is through errors that progress is made.

      As you all know, "Dhammapada" is almost always translated as "The
      verses of Dhamma(whatever the term used to render dhamma, be it
      doctrine, law, truth, etc. is not the point). What I do not
      undestand, however, is how can it be that plural is used : pada, it
      seems to me, is clearly a singular form (unlike padaa, which would
      be plural). Wouldn't a translation such as "the path of Dhamma", or
      else the somewhat akward "the verse of Dhamma", be more accurate ?

      With mettaa,
      Ivan
    • gurusinha sena
      Message 40 of 40 , Apr 22 10:54 PM
        ANDROID
        APPLICATION OF
        ILLUSTRATED
        DHAMMAPADA
        BY
        VEN. WERAGODA
        SARADA NAYAKA MAHA THERO

        In the fast moving world every
        person is a prisoner of time.  For those
        who are in hunger for wisdom, we provide the Teachings of the Buddha on their
        palms, in the form of a mobile application.

        Dhammapada Android application
        features the same illustrations and Pali verses of the original book and more.
        Here you can listen to stanzas in Pali Language with audio English translation.

        May this be a gift to all the
        Buddhists and others who likes to read in the world.

        If you like the Dhammapada
        application on Android, please donate, so that we can continue our service to
        digitize more books onto the Android platform.