Re: [Pali] Re: Aggikkhandhopama - para.7

  • nina van gorkom
    Message 1 of 54 , Nov 26, 2003

      op 26-11-2003 16:05 schreef Ong Yong Peng op ypong001@...:

      > Paccora (p. 386) (adj.) [pa.ti+avara, cp. Sk. pratyavara] lower, rt.
      > lower part, hindquarter, bottom (?) A IV.130; DhA I.189.
      >
      > In terms of location, "ura-majjha" should be different
      > from "paccora". But I have thinking if "paccora" simply means
      > buttocks?
      N: If a fighter with a sword approaches an opponent, what would he do first?
      Aim for his heart. He would not aim for his back. I am personally inclined
      to follow the commentary in case of doubt.
      Message 54 of 54 , Mar 5, 2004
        Dear Piya and Nina,

        thanks. I'll include both alternate sentences in the page.

        metta,
        Yong Peng

        --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, Piya Tan wrote:
        Re-translating from the Thai, it could be rendered, "In that case,"
        which is more general and applicable to most situations.

        In that case, maharajah, please speak. [contemporary rendition]