New Dhamma community in france

  • nick Blewitt
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2003
      Hello Dhamma friends
      I am writing to tell you about a new Buddhist
      community in France about to start. We are currently
      looking for like minded Buddhists to join us in our
      venture, if you know of anyone please pass this on
      thankyou! I have written a little something about the
      Philosophy of the Community we will be hopefully
      setting up in a large plot of land in Limousin France
      hopefully between March to May of next year, the
      building is large centre which sleeps 30 people at a
      time and the area is ideal for mediation practice..

      A place where people can relax, retreat and recuperate
      from the stress of the modern world, where we can take
      solace in being with ourselves and look within for a
      while. The aim of the project is to work towards a
      live-in self-sufficient Dhamma community as well as
      running retreats inviting different
      teachers/monks/nuns/therapists to offer
      teachings/guidance.
      Organised retreats of different themes and
      subjects…creative, therapeutic and spiritual will be
      run throughout the year. My background has been as
      Buddhist practioner and mental health social worker
      for the past 5 years. The community will have a
      Buddhist theme but will be available to everyone
      regardless of colour, race,creed or religion.
      We draw on mindfulness meditation
      to guide us in the other practices we carry out to
      enable us to be truly with them and centred in the
      present moment…
      Our aim is to experience the beauty and fullness of
      life within a background of supportive care and love
      of humanity…people are asked to respect others views
      and differences and look to creative ways to working
      through differences. The community aims a mixture of
      spiritual, therapeutic work as well as physical health
      exercise/yoga/diet/fasting to achieve a holistic sense
      of health.
      As far as models of community are concerned, how the
      community will work this is still a question....of the
      many people that have shown interest not many have
      financial resources to put into this project. This may
      mean one or a few buying the property on a mortgage
      and the community/visitors/retreats paying for the
      monthly outgoings. Maybe the community can find right
      livelihood ways of supporting itself in the local
      community to start with if neccessary.
      I hope to get the project up and between easter and
      may 2004. Any questions & suggestions please write to
      me also let me know if you are interested in getting
      involved from the beginning as I have had quite alot
      of enquiries so far already. I would love to hear any
      feedback, ideas you may have ...till then

      Keep loving the world...Metta Nick x (jexter19@...)