Re: effortless quiet

  • connie
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 6, 2003
      Dear Dimitri, Everett and Nina,

      Thank you very much.

      I hadn't really considered that someone might be trying to make a
      different point by having a word as a compound or as separate words
      (ruupakkhandha, ruupa khanda). I just thought it was more of a
      convenience for the reader type consideration. I'll have to think about
      that next time I see the 'same' words spelled differently in the same
      writing... which in my case is already in English for the most part. I
      join the others who have stated that this list is their main Pali
      teacher and add my thank you's for that as well.

      Someone had suggested to me that 'effortless quiet' might be something
      like 'wind-flowers' (puppham?) ... perhaps as Nina quoted from Ven.
      Narada... 'like fruits which have ripened and flowers which have
      bloomed' and 'a cool breeze that pacifies'.

      I asked thinking that once I knew the word, I could look it up, but who
      knows how long it would have taken me to figure out how to break
      nirussaahasantabhaava down without help!

      peace,
      connie
    • connie
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 13, 2003
        Dear Nina and Dimitry,
        Would it be ok if I include your answers on effortless quiet in a post
        to DSList?
        Thank you,
        connie
      • nina van gorkom
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 14, 2003
          Dear Connie,
          But of course it is OK for me,
          Nina.
          op 13-11-2003 21:38 schreef connie op nichicon@...:

          > Dear Nina and Dimitry,
          > Would it be ok if I include your answers on effortless quiet in a post
          > to DSList?
        • connie
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 16, 2003
            Dear Nina and Dimitry,
            Thank you again for the answers and letting me forward them to DSlist.
            peace,
            connie