More Pali - Every few days - [C066]

  • John Kelly
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2003
      More Pali - Every few days - [C066]
      Warder - Exercise 11 (page 66)
      Pali into English (Part 1 of 6)

      na kho aha.m aavuso addasa.m
      not / indeed / I / friend / saw
      Indeed, friend, I did not see [D.I.130 � xvi.4.26]

      aya.m tathaagatassa pacchimaa vaacaa
      this / of the Tathagata / last / saying
      This is the last utterance of the Tathagata [D.II.156
      � xvi.6.7]

      paamujja.m bhavissati, sukho ca vihaaro
      joy / will be / happiness / and / abiding
      There will be joy and a happy abiding [D.I.196 �
      ix.40]

      addasaa kho bhagavaa taa devataayo
      he saw / indeed / the Blessed One / these / deities
      Truly the Blessed One saw these deities [D.II.87 �
      xvi.1.27]

      Metta,
      John

      http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree