More Pali - Every few days - [C062]

  • John Kelly
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 25, 2003
      More Pali - Every few days - [C062]
      Warder - Exercise 10 (page 59)
      Pali into English (Part 3 of 3)

      tena kho pana samayena Aanando bhagavato pi.t.thito
      .thito hoti bhagavanta.m viijamaano
      at that / indeed / then / time / Ananda / the Blessed
      One / behind / standing / is / the Blessed One /
      fanning
      Then at that time Ananda was standing behind the
      Blessed One fanning him [D.II.73 � xvi.1.4]

      kamma.m kho pana me karontassa kaayo kilamissati
      action / indeed / then / of me / of doing / the body /
      will tire
      But on my doing this action the body will tire
      [D.III.255 � xxxiii.3.1.(iv)]

      tassa ratanaani bhavanti
      his / gems / they are
      They are his gems [D.II.16 � xiv.1.31]