Re: [Pali] Pali - saasava, anaasava

  • nina van gorkom
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 2, 2003
      Dear John,
      Thank you, it is very good.
      Just now we discussed on dsg so much about saasava and anaasava, while
      reading Visuddhimagga and Tiika. Do you allow me to forward this, with
      source and all, of course?
      Nina.
      op 02-09-2003 17:11 schreef John Kelly op palistudent@...:

      > Pali - Every few days - [B069]
      > Gair/Karunatillake - Chapter 4 ? Further Readings
      > Ex. 3. (Part 4 of 7)
      >
      > Dve?maani, bhikkhave, sukhaani.
      > Monks, there are these two types of happiness.
      >
      > Katamaani dve?
      > What two?
      >
      > Saasavasukha.m ca anaasavasukha~nca.
    • John Kelly
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 4, 2003
        Dear Nina,

        Of course you may forward this.

        By the way - what is dsg? I've seen a few references
        to that on this list recently.

        John
        NVG>Dear John,
        NVG>Thank you, it is very good.
        NVG>Just now we discussed on dsg so much about saasava
        and anaasava, while
        NVG>reading Visuddhimagga and Tiika. Do you allow me
        to forward this, with
        NVG>source and all, of course?
        NVG>Nina.

        http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
      • icaro franca
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 4, 2003
          Dear John,
          --- John Kelly : "By the way - what is dsg? I've seen
          a few
          > references
          > to that on this list recently."

          Dsg - Dhamma Study Group -
          dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com.

          Mettaya, �caro

          =====
          Seize the time, there�s only minutes left to zero
          Just got a little taste, I gotta get some more,
          Just me and you

          http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
        • nina van gorkom
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 5, 2003
            Dear John,
            Thank you very much.
            op 04-09-2003 22:55 schreef John Kelly op palistudent@...:

            > By the way - what is dsg? I've seen a few references
            > to that on this list recently.
            N: Another yahoo Buddhist group: Dhamma Study Group based on the Theravada
            tradition of the Tipitaka and commentaries. This very active list is under
            the able leadership of Sarah and Jonothan Abbot, the moderators. Varied
            subjects: discussions of texts, Abhidhamma subjects, questions on daily life
            issues, how to solve these in the light of the teachings. We studied the co.
            to the satipatthanasutta. Now we read Visuddhimagga, for those who want to
            with the Pali, and I am struggling with the Tiika, partly translating it. On
            this list there is increasing interest in Pali and Pali texts are used in
            the discussions.