Pali - Every few days - [B069]

  • John Kelly
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 2, 2003
      Pali - Every few days - [B069]
      Gair/Karunatillake - Chapter 4 � Further Readings
      Ex. 3. (Part 4 of 7)

      Dve�maani, bhikkhave, sukhaani.
      Monks, there are these two types of happiness.

      Katamaani dve?
      What two?

      Saasavasukha.m ca anaasavasukha~nca.
      There is the happiness of clinging and the happiness
      of non-clinging.

      Imaani kho, bhikkhave, dve sukhaani.
      Indeed, monks, these are two types of happiness.

      Etadagga.m, bhikkhave, imesa.m dvinna.m sukhaana.m
      yadida.m anaasavasukha.m ti.
      The better, monks, of these two types of happiness is
      the happiness of non-clinging.

      Metta,
      John

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
    • nina van gorkom
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2003
        Dear John,
        Thank you, it is very good.
        Just now we discussed on dsg so much about saasava and anaasava, while
        reading Visuddhimagga and Tiika. Do you allow me to forward this, with
        source and all, of course?
        Nina.

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 4, 2003

          Of course you may forward this.

          By the way - what is dsg? I've seen a few references
          to that on this list recently.

          John
          NVG>Dear John,
          NVG>Thank you, it is very good.
          NVG>Just now we discussed on dsg so much about saasava
          and anaasava, while
          NVG>reading Visuddhimagga and Tiika. Do you allow me
          to forward this, with
          NVG>source and all, of course?
          NVG>Nina.

          http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
        • icaro franca
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 4, 2003
            Dear John,
            --- John Kelly : "By the way - what is dsg? I've seen
            a few
            > references
            > to that on this list recently."

            Dsg - Dhamma Study Group -
            dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com.

            Mettaya, �caro

            =====
            Seize the time, there�s only minutes left to zero
            Just got a little taste, I gotta get some more,
            Just me and you

            http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
          • nina van gorkom
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 5, 2003
              Dear John,
              Thank you very much.
              op 04-09-2003 22:55 schreef John Kelly op palistudent@...:

              > By the way - what is dsg? I've seen a few references
              > to that on this list recently.
              N: Another yahoo Buddhist group: Dhamma Study Group based on the Theravada
              tradition of the Tipitaka and commentaries. This very active list is under
              the able leadership of Sarah and Jonothan Abbot, the moderators. Varied
              subjects: discussions of texts, Abhidhamma subjects, questions on daily life
              issues, how to solve these in the light of the teachings. We studied the co.
              to the satipatthanasutta. Now we read Visuddhimagga, for those who want to
              with the Pali, and I am struggling with the Tiika, partly translating it. On
              this list there is increasing interest in Pali and Pali texts are used in
              the discussions.