re: introduction to pali

  • John Kelly
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 2, 2003
      Dear June,

      I'm just reading your message and responses now -
      having been away for a couple of weeks. As others
      have already said, do not give up. Learning Pali takes
      some persistence.

      Personally I found Warder a little daunting as a
      starting self-teaching tool, and so I worked through
      two other books first - de Silva's "Pali Primer", and
      Gair/Karunatillake's "New course in Reading Pali". I
      would recommend something similar. I am now working
      through Warder and finding it much more manageable,
      and as Nina said, my answers to the exercises are
      being posted to this group, and indeed I am up to
      chapter 6 with the posts.

      Please don't hesitate to ask me or the group if you
      have specific questions, and we will do our best to
      help. Remember: there is no such thing as a dumb
      question.

      Metta,
      John

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
    • nina van gorkom
      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 2, 2003
        Dear John,
        so glad you are back, we have been waiting for you!
        Nina

        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 3, 2003
          Dear Nina and John,

          sure we are. :-)

          metta,
          Yong Peng

          > Dear John,
          > so glad you are back, we have been waiting for you!
          > Nina
          > op 02-09-2003 17:09 schreef John Kelly op palistudent@y...:
          >
          > > Dear June,
          > >
          > > I'm just reading your message and responses now -

        • june_tg
          Message 4 of 16 , Sep 3, 2003
            dear john,

            that's very kind of you. thanks for the encouragement.

            june
          • John Kelly
            Message 5 of 16 , Sep 4, 2003
              Dear Nina and Yong Peng,

              You are very kind! I miss this group when I'm away.

              Warmly,
              John

              http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com