Re: Meanings of dhamma, no 3.

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 6, 2003
      Dear Nina and friends,

      thanks, Nina. I notice that you use superscripts like ³ and ². Do
      they have any special meaning?

      metta,
      Yong Peng

      > The ³Atthasaalinii² (38, Co. to the Dhammasangani) refers...
    • nina van gorkom
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 7, 2003
        op 07-08-2003 02:45 schreef Ong Yong Peng op ypong001@...:

        > thanks, Nina. I notice that you use superscripts like ³ and ². Do
        > they have any special meaning?
        N: they are quotation marks. In Pali we have ti at end, and in English we
        use these. On computer we also use < > because the signs may come out
        differently on different computers. A quote within a quote has: 'and '. the
        Buddha considers:"...Rahula thinks 'I am beautiful...' but he is erring."
        Also to highlight a word or explain a specific term we can use " and ". Or
        when speaking about the title of a text.