Re: [Pali] Re: mahaaraahulovaada sutta, taadibhaavo again.

  • nina van gorkom
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 29, 2003
      op 28-07-2003 15:56 schreef Ong Yong Peng op ypong001@...:

      > Would you kindly explain the word 'taadibhaavo', suchness.
      N: I checked in PED, taadin: such like, of such (good) qualities, denoting
      the Buddha and arahats. taadibhaava: suchness, high(est) qualification.
      References to texts, among these: Milinda Panhaa, 382: (Questions on Talk of
      Similes, Third Division): The Earth. the earth remains such whether one
      scatter agreeable or disagreeable things on it... and so with the other
      elements! As in the Raahulovaadasutta.
      This is like the sixfold upekkhaa of the arahat, which is one of the
      meanings of upekkhaa. Sixfold: upekkhaa with regard to the experiences
      through the sense-doors and the mind-door.