Re: [Pali] Dhammacari Gatha

  • nina van gorkom
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 8 9:12 PM
      Congratulations, I am glad about it.
      Thank you for the beautiful gatha.
      Nina.
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 9 10:31 AM
        Dear Piya and Nina,

        thanks. Piya, I'm glad it is one of your favourite too.

        metta,
        Yong Peng
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 9 7:53 PM

          The Gatha is found my "The Puja Book" vol 1 which I published in 1990. Its
          popularity here began with this Puja Book which was used during national
          courses I conducted in Malaysia and Singapore during the 1980s. SPBS was one
          of the regular participants for whom I also run separate courses. You will
          find some of my "archives" in the SPBS library in the SU Building.

          Sukhi.

          P.

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 10 4:15 AM
            Dear Piya and friends,

            thanks for the info. I'd like to expand the Gatha section in the
            future to feature selected gathas, and if possible put up audio
            recordings or made it a multimedia feat. Please give me some comments
            and recommendation.

            metta,
            Yong Peng

            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 10 9:14 AM

              The Dhammacari Gatha is sung to a slow meditative tune, but I made no
              recording of it.
              I need to teach a few people to sing it for recording perhaps.

              Perhaps someone may have a better new tune. We could try new things once in
              a while.

              Sukhi.

              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 11 8:10 AM
                Dear Piya and friends,

                thanks. I do chant/sing this gatha, but I am not sure if the tune and
                pronunciation are just right. It is a beautiful piece of work, and I
                think it is always good to pass it on. Please do let us know if you
                made an audio record, I will be glad to upload it online. Thanks.