More Pali - Every few days - [C024]

  • John Kelly
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3, 2003
      More Pali - Every few days - [C024]
      Warder - Exercise 5 (page 33)
      Pali into English (Part 2 of 5)

      Aha.m ime dhamme desesi.m
      I / these / doctrines / preached
      I preached these doctrines [D.II.75 � xvi.1.5]

      raajaa khattiyo ta.m purisa.m etad avoca
      king / noble / that / man / thus / spoke
      The king who was a noble spoke thus to that man
      [D.III.65 � xxvi.10]

      maa sama.na.m upasa.mkami
      do not / recluse / approach
      Do not approach the recluse [D.I.129 � v.6]

      aha.m purohito braahma.no ahosi.m
      I / prime minister / priest /was
      I was the priest who was prime minister [D.I.143 �
      v.21]

      Dear friends,
      This and the Pali Every Few Days series of posts will
      be suspended for a couple of weeks. I'm on my way to
      a retreat and dhamma conference in Barre, Mass.

      May you all be well.
      Metta,
      John

      http://sbc.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 4, 2003
        Dear John,

        thanks for all the posts. I wish you make good progress in the
        retreat.

        metta,
        Yong Peng