Re: Voluminous non-pali related posts

  • John Kelly
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1 2:48 PM
      Dear friends,

      I do agree with Frank's point. Sutta excerpts in
      English are fine on this list, but should be
      accompanied by the corresponding Pali.

      Dear Venerable Samahita,
      Might I suggest smaller posts and could you please
      include the Pali with each one?

      Thank you.
      With metta to all,
      John

      Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 11:10:27 -0700 (PDT)
      From: Frank Kuan <fcckuan@...>
      Subject: Voluminous non-pali related posts Re: Direct
      Dhammapada ...

      --- monomuni <monomuni@...> wrote:

      > Friends;
      > For you
      > Enjoy &
      > Spread!
      > by Free
      > FORWARD

      How about letting the [Pali] list enjoy some peace and
      freedom from non pali related dhamma spam?

      Those posts are for the most part wonderful and
      everything, but I'm sure that the other 5 buddhist
      lists being carbon copied accomplishes your mission,
      and we can safely leave the [Pali] email list out of
      the loop.

      I brought this up once already (a week ago)? No
      response. Maybe I didn't make my message clear enough,
      hopefully this time the intent has been expressed with
      more clarity.

      -fk

      http://sbc.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1 11:20 PM
        Dear Ven. Samahita, John, Robert, Frank, Ken and friends,

        I will not consider sutta excerpts as spam. However, I do agree with
        John that the length of the posts are long, perhaps "undesirably"
        long. I would say there is an "overload" too. And it will certainly
        be nice if the excerpts are accompanied by the corresponding Pali.

        For those interested in a daily quote from the Tipitaka in your
        mailbox, please consider Daily Words of the Buddha, by Pariyatti:
        http://www.pariyatti.com/mailing.phtml

        metta,
        Yong Peng
      • m. nease
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 2 5:45 AM
          Dear Yong Peng,

          Your patient, thoughtful and courteous reply is a fine demonstration of
          khanti and uppekkhaa in (written) speech, I think. Thanks for your example.

          mike

          > Dear Ven. Samahita, John, Robert, Frank, Ken and friends,
          >
          > I will not consider sutta excerpts as spam. However, I do agree with
          > John that the length of the posts are long, perhaps "undesirably"
          > long. I would say there is an "overload" too. And it will certainly
          > be nice if the excerpts are accompanied by the corresponding Pali.
          >
          > For those interested in a daily quote from the Tipitaka in your
          > mailbox, please consider Daily Words of the Buddha, by Pariyatti:
          > http://www.pariyatti.com/mailing.phtml
          >
          > metta,
          > Yong Peng
        • nina van gorkom
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 3 11:12 AM
            Dear Yong Peng,
            op 02-07-2003 08:20 schreef Ong Yong Peng op ypong001@...:

            And it will certainly
            > be nice if the excerpts are accompanied by the corresponding Pali.
            N: This reminds me of something. I went to your web, Dhammapada, and clicked
            at random a verse, and this was with Pali and commentary. I was reminded not
            to delay kusala, since akusala then has more opportunity. Such a short
            reminder one can consider is effective. I say this, because perhaps not
            everybody knows that Dhammapada is on your web, and, that one can click just
            one verse at a time. I also think of John who gives us short texts in Pali
            every few days. Very good to consider, and some of them are suitable to
            memorize.