The 13 Heads!

  • monomuni
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 18, 2003
      Friends:

      THE 13 HEADS:

      The Head of all Obstruction is Craving.
      The Head of all Mental Chains is the Conceit 'I Am' (asmi-mana).
      The Head of all Misapprehension is Wrong View.
      The Head of all Distraction is the agitation of restlessness.
      The Head of all Mental Defilement is the not knowing of Ignorance.

      The Head of all Determination is the confidence of Faith.
      The Head of all Exerted Effort is the energy of Enthusiasm.
      The Head of all Mental Foundation is Mindful Awareness.
      The Head of all Focus of Non-Distraction is Concentration.
      The Head of all Seeing right Through is Understanding.
      The Head of all Occurence & (re)Appearance is the life Ability.
      The Head of all Levels is the release into Liberation.
      The Head of all Construction is the stilling in Ceasing.

      Source:
      Path of Discrimination I (470)
      Patisambhidamagga I [102]

      Friendship is the Greatest !
      The entire Motivation behind
      all of the Noble Life. Yeah!

      Samanera Samahita
      Email: monomuni@...

      : - ]

      --
      A saying of the Buddha from http://metta.lk/
      Mind is the forerunner of (all evil) states. Mind is chief; mind-made are