Re: [Pali] Ayu vanna sukha bala

  • nina van gorkom
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2003
      Dear Piya Tan,
      op 30-04-2003 18:24 schreef Piya Tan op libris@...:

      > I came across a beautiful teaching some time ago where the Buddha
      > interprets "aayu va.n.na sukha bala" in terms of a monk, that is,
      > when is a monk long-lived?
      > when is a monk beautiful?
      > when is a monk happy?
      > when is a monk endowed with power?
      N:9 Oct 2002, Rob Edison wrote about Appamadasutta, Sam. Nikaya,
      Kosalasamyuttam, comparing tr by Ven. Thanissaro and Ven. Bodhi. Maybe this
      helps for further reference?
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2003

        Sorry Nina, I need the 4 four blessings in reference to monks, where they
        are interpreted in a radically different way.

        Hope someone can help.

        BTW I am planning to buy a set of the BUDSIR Pali CD from Mahidol
        University, Thailand, for the benefit of Pali enthusiasts in Singapore. Any
        advice from anyone.

        Sukhi.

        P.

        Message 3 of 4 , May 3, 2003