Re: [Pali] GREATEST DISCOVERY IN PALI "Buddhism's Highest Revelation"

  • Bruce Burrill
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 24, 2001
      At 12:19 AM 7/25/01 -0400, you wrote:
      >I would recommend a tablespoon of salt and a dose of Nagarjuna.<><><><><
      >
      >Nagarjuna is no more of an expert in Pali then myself...
      >
      >how can you make such an OBTUSE remark which is unsupported?

      I'm just an obtuse kinda guy, but you are not winning friends and
      influencing people with your approach.

      What you have presented is interesting, but not all that novel.

      Let us put it this way: I am here for a discussion of Pali, an interesting
      rich language. I appreciate that you shared the information about this
      book, but you are making no points here with your true believer act. While
      I may disagree with the venerable author's conclusions and much of his
      argumentation as has been presented in the stuff you uploaded for us, I
      don't think this is the place to dissect the book. As for Nagarjuna, he was
      obviously a master of Sanskrit, and of the extant prakrits, Pali is not
      that far removed.

      Be that as it may, I shall obtusely blunder on, ignoring any further
      discussion of this subject.
    • Rosati
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 25, 2001
        I asked you two simple questions:

        1) Where is the Nikayas does it say that "Every Being possesses a deathless
        Essence (Atta’: True Self, Spirit,
        that which transcends on, either to painful rebirth or to Nibbatta’)?

        2)Where did you receive your "Doctorate in Buddhology" from?

        If there is an actual answer to #2, then you should be able to deal with #1
        also (except for the small hitch that I don't think the Nikayas say any such
        thing. Is that perhaps why you do not answer?)

        Dante

      • Bruce Burrill
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 25, 2001
          Dante,

          My suggestion: ignore our problem child and he or she will eventually go
          away. There is no talking with a True Believer.