Pali - Every few days - [B006]

  • John Kelly
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2003
      Pali - Every few days - [B006]
      Gair/Karunatillake - Chapter 1 - Readings
      Ex. 4.

      � bhikkhu anuppannaana.m paapakaana.m akusalaana.m
      dhammaana.m anuppaadaaya
      chanda.m janeti; vaayamati; viriya.m aarabhati,
      citta.m pagga.nhaati; padahati.
      � A monk generates desire, endeavors, begins effort,
      uplifts his mind, and strives
      for the non-arising of non-existing wicked and
      unskillful mental states.

      � bhikkhu uppannaana.m paapakaana.m akusalaana.m
      dhammaana.m pahaanaaya chanda.m janeti; vaayamati;
      viriya.m aarabhati, citta.m pagga.nhaati; padahati.
      � A monk generates desire, endeavors, begins effort,
      uplifts his mind, and strives
      for the abandonment of existing wicked and unskillful
      mental states.

      � bhikkhu anuppannaana.m kusalaana.m dhammaana.m
      uppaadaaya chanda.m janeti; vaayamati; viriya.m
      aarabhati, citta.m pagga.nhaati; padahati.
      � A monk generates desire, endeavors, begins effort,
      uplifts his mind, and strives
      for the arising of non-existing skillful mental
      states.

      � bhikkhu uppannaana.m kusalaana.m dhammaana.m
      .thitiyaa asammosaaya bhiyyobhaavaaya vepullaaya
      bhaavanaaya paaripuuriyaa chanda.m janeti; vaayamati;
      viriya.m aarabhati, citta.m pagga.nhaati; padahati.�
      � A monk generates desire, endeavors, begins effort,
      uplifts his mind, and strives
      for the persistence, non-confusion, increased growth,
      fullness, development, and fulfillment of existing
      skillful mental states.

      (A.N. 1.18 [1.394-397]
      Apara-accharaasaṅghaatavaggo)

      John

      http://tax.yahoo.com
    • nina van gorkom
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2003
        Dear John,
        I enjoy it so much every time, reading it aloud. Pali is so impressive.
        Thank you very much,
        Nina.