Re: Let me introduce myself

  • John Kelly
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 27, 2003
      Dear Denise,
      Thank you for posting an introduction and welcome to
      the group! You couldn't have joined a better list for
      learning Pali, in my opinion. As you can see there
      are a lot of different levels of learning and
      knowledge here. And I have benefitted so much from
      participation here.

      I have just completed the Gair/Karunatillake book
      myself, and recently posted all my answers in this
      group's file section, for comment and feedback. I am
      currently revising and refining the last few chapters,
      based on insightful comments from Dimitry (of this
      list), and a recent visit I had with Prof Olendzki at
      the Barre Center for Buddhist Studies, and I will
      re-post the entire document soon. Since you have
      studied the book under a teacher, your comments would
      be most welcome too.

      So where are you studying a college-level Pali course?
      And who is your teacher? I'm interested in finding
      out about places around the world where this is taught
      in universities. Perhaps we could eventually provide
      a list of recommended Pali learning centres around the
      world on this group's web page.

      Metta,
      John

      Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 05:48:53 -0800 (PST)
      From: Denise Lewis <bodhicitta3@...>
      Subject: Let me introduce myself

      Hello, my name is Denise and I am a college student.
      I have been
      studying Buddhism for over 2 years now and recently
      began studying Pali.
      This is my second semester of study dedicated to Pali
      through a college
      class taught by a very knowledgable professer.

      Most of my reading come from my textbook A New Course
      In Reading Pali
      by Gair and Karunatillake.

      I am very interested in learning more and hope this
      group can help me
      do that.

      http://taxes.yahoo.com/