Re: [Pali] Re: Nyanamoli's "Three Cardinal Discourses"

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 10 6:28 AM
      Robert,

      Thank you very much for pointing the passage out to me. It is in the Book of
      Threes, and is very close to Nyanamoli's translation in som way. The
      important point is that the Pali makes a lot of sense, which I am looking
      for. I think this passage is a sort of pre-Bodhi prototype of the definition
      of the oft-quoted "abhijjhaa,domanassa" passage.

      I will be footnoting this reference in the Anapanasati Sutta in connection
      with the first mention of "abhijjhaa,domanassa".

      Bhikkhu Bodhi has translated this sutta in his "Numerical Discourses" (p 75
      f).

      Thanks again for enlightening me on this matter.

      Sukhi.

      P.