Re: Intro and question

  • christine_forsyth <cforsyth@vtown.com.au>
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2003
      Dear Robert, Yong Peng, John and All,

      Robert: thank you for the information about the Buddhist Cultural
      Centre in Dehiwala. Much appreciated. I've contacted them and await
      a reply.

      Yong Peng: Please find the information you request at:
      http://www.uq.edu.au/hprc/outlines/reln1503.html
      This subject can also be taken as part of the Community Access
      Program. i.e. a single or miscellaneous full fee subject. There is
      an extensive list of texts in the Bibliography at the foot of page,
      covering Introductions, Grammars, Readings, Pali Literature and
      Dictionaries.
      Should one survive, one can take RELN 2506 Intermediate Pali in
      Semester 2, also with Dr. Pecenko, and then rise to the heights of a
      full year of RELN 3502 Pali Level IV (by arrangement with Head of
      Dept.).

      John: Thank you for your welcome. I think some of your questions
      may be answered above, and on the link to the subject. The
      University of Queensland offers (through its Faculty of Arts - School
      of History, Philosophy, Religion and Classics - Studies in Religion)
      undergrad. and post grad. courses. There is no specific school of
      Buddhist Studies, but you may like to browse the subject offerings on
      the Fast Navigator:
      http://www.uq.edu.au/hprc/sitenav.html

      metta,
      Christine

      --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, "Ong Yong Peng <ypong001@y...>"

    • Ong Yong Peng <ypong001@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2003
        Dear Christine,

        thanks for the info. I am currently doing an engineering degree at
        Queensland University of Technology (QUT). Unforunately, the Pali
        class falls on Monday and clashes with my schedule at QUT.

        I hope UQ will run the class again the next semester, or offer it as
        a Flexible Delivery Course:
        http://www.uq.edu.au/hprc/altstud.html

        I wish you the very best in your new adventure.