  • Paula Deken
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2001
      Pali Group,
      I am new to Buddhism...very serious student for the
      past year...However, I think you are way over my head
      in learning. I think now I do not belong.

      It is hard to find true teachings...I wanted to join
      to learn but I think you are much more advanced
      students. I do not want to hold the group down.
      Thank you for the consideration.
      Sincerely
      Journeywoman_2000

      http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 31, 2001
        Yes, this is a very specialized site for Pali experts and students. Please continue
        your search. There are numerous ways to Buddhist Truth. You might like to try
        www.dharma.per.sg where you can ask basic questions, etc. :)

        Piya.

        Paula Deken wrote:

        > Pali Group,
        > I am new to Buddhism...very serious student for the
        > past year...However, I think you are way over my head
        > in learning. I think now I do not belong.
        >
        > It is hard to find true teachings...I wanted to join
        > to learn but I think you are much more advanced
        > students. I do not want to hold the group down.
        > Thank you for the consideration.
        > Sincerely
        > Journeywoman_2000

        > http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

      • Derek Cameron
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 31, 2001
          Hi, Paula,

          Sorry you're feeling left out. As Piya remarked, we're a specialized
          group here. There are some other, more general groups around:

          For general Buddhism:

          For Theravada Buddhism:

          Emphasizing Abhidhamma and Buddhaghosa:

          I hope you'll find one you like.

          Derek.
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 1, 2001
            Hi Paula,

            if you are considering to learn Pali, we are starting an elementary book soon. You are welcome to join us then.

            The book is Pali Primer by Dr. Lily de Silva.

            Yong Peng.