Pali Day by Day 01/29/2003

  • Ong Yong Peng <ypong001@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 1247 , Jan 29, 2003

      I'd like to start a new thread call Pali Day by Day. This will focus
      on the basic grammar drills which will benefit those who are
      completely new to the language, and myself who need more practice.

      This thread will attempt to go through Pali learning texts in
      entirety, one at a time. The first book I have selected is Dr. Lily
      de Silva's Pali Primer. The book is now available online here:
      http://www.vri.dhamma.org/publications/pali/primer/index.html

      If you wish to purchase a hardcopy of this book, I have provided some
      information here:
      http://www.tipitaka.net/store/store02.htm

      To make it successful, this thread will run on a daily basis, and I
      will take several weeks to go through each book. For our first book,
      Pali Primer, I will take between nine to twenty days to cover each
      chapter. I think a small chunk each time, and allowing time for
      revision and repetition is a better way to learn a new language
      without stress.

      I look forward for your participation.

    • Dhivan Thomas Jones
      Message 1247 of 1247 , Jul 4, 2011