Re: Hello Kalayamitta! I am new and would like to ask some advise

  • Ong Yong Peng <ypong001@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 24, 2003
      Dear Shin,

      Pali is not so much a spoken language today. Pali chanting is one way
      to learn pronouncing Pali words.

      This page is a good starting guide for Pali:
      http://www.accesstoinsight.org/other.html#pali

      I have also listed many resources here:
      http://www.tipitaka.net/links

      Buddhanet has several books for download:
      1. A Pali Word A Day
      2. Pali Buddhist Dictionary
      3. Elementary Pali Course
      4. A Grammar of the Pali Language
      http://www.buddhanet.net/ebooks_s.htm

      metta,
      Yong Peng

      --- shiau_in_lin wrote:
      > I am so glad that I found this group. I would like to ask if any of
      you know the best way to learn how to read,write and speak Pali by
      ourself.
      > If it is harder to do it ourself, where would be the best place to
      study Pali from ? If the place is in Sri Lanka,Thailand, Burma, it
      would not be a problem for me.