Re: [Pali] Interlinear Translation

  • Frank Kuan
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 12, 2003
      Piya,
      I hope you learned your lesson. No attachments
      allowed around here. :-)
      -fk

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • Ong Yong Peng <ypong001@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 12, 2003

        it shouldn't be the case with your modem, the file is small in size.
        It could be due to your connection, though, which goes through your
        ISP. Or probably the server at Yahoo! was down for maintenance.

        Please do not worry, there is another way to get to the file:
        2. Click on thepalicentre
        3. Click on itpt.doc

        If you still have problem, I can send the file to you.

      • Ong Yong Peng <ypong001@yahoo.com>
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 12, 2003
          Dear Frank and friends,

          thanks for your kind note. I have written to Yahoo! Groups support to
          see if they could come up with something to allow some members to
          post with attachment while the rest can't.

          No attachment is to prevent mail spamming, and encourage the use of
          the Files section (20MB). The message archive may have 512MB but if
          attachments roll in, it will be filled up in no time, and all the old
          messages will be dropped off.

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 12, 2003
            Apologies for my technical ignorance: still not quite sure how it works :)))

            Frank Kuan wrote:

            > Piya,
            > I hope you learned your lesson. No attachments
            > allowed around here. :-)
            > -fk
            >
            > --- Piya Tan <libris@...> wrote:
            > > Dear Pali friends,
            > >
            > > Attached is a very short note on some ideas
            > > regarding interlinear
            > > translation of Pali texts.
            > >
            > > Sukhi.
            > >
            > > P.
            > > removed]

            > http://mailplus.yahoo.com

          • Frank Kuan
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 12, 2003
              Hi Piya,
              I wasn't commenting on a technical issue. I was
              making a joke about attachments not being allowed in a
              buddhist forum. Get it? :-) :-) :-)

              Allowing [email] attachments is a yahoo group
              setting that the moderators determine. Most groups
              will disallow the attachments, to prevent overly large
              files and email viruses from being passed along.

              -fk

              http://mailplus.yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 12, 2003
                Frank,

                Ha ha attachments, that's a good one.

                You know, whenever I read the sutta, I imagine the Buddha as a man of great and
                subtle humour. Many of the remarks he makes becomes even more clear and beautiful
                when one sees him this way. I could be wishful, but I don't think I am alone here. Am
                I?

                Sukhi.