Re: [Pali] Re: Interlinear Translation

  • nina van gorkom
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 12, 2003
      I tried this link, but nothing happens. Is it because I have a modem, and
      therefore difficult access?
      I am so inexperienced. I copy links to a document and maybe it does not work
      when I try to use it. I can reach your home page.
      I hope you will also continue by Email with the translations.
      What is trilinear?
      Nina.

      op 11-01-2003 17:41 schreef Ong Yong Peng <ypong001@...> op
      ypong001@...:

      > I have upload the file. It is available here:

    • Frank Kuan
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 12, 2003
        Piya,
        I hope you learned your lesson. No attachments
        allowed around here. :-)
        -fk

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com
      • Ong Yong Peng <ypong001@yahoo.com>
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 12, 2003

          it shouldn't be the case with your modem, the file is small in size.
          It could be due to your connection, though, which goes through your
          ISP. Or probably the server at Yahoo! was down for maintenance.

          Please do not worry, there is another way to get to the file:
          2. Click on thepalicentre
          3. Click on itpt.doc

          If you still have problem, I can send the file to you.

        • Ong Yong Peng <ypong001@yahoo.com>
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 12, 2003
            Dear Frank and friends,

            thanks for your kind note. I have written to Yahoo! Groups support to
            see if they could come up with something to allow some members to
            post with attachment while the rest can't.

            No attachment is to prevent mail spamming, and encourage the use of
            the Files section (20MB). The message archive may have 512MB but if
            attachments roll in, it will be filled up in no time, and all the old
            messages will be dropped off.

            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 12, 2003
              Apologies for my technical ignorance: still not quite sure how it works :)))

              Frank Kuan wrote:

              > Piya,
              > I hope you learned your lesson. No attachments
              > allowed around here. :-)
              > -fk
              >
              > --- Piya Tan <libris@...> wrote:
              > > Dear Pali friends,
              > >
              > > Attached is a very short note on some ideas
              > > regarding interlinear
              > > translation of Pali texts.
              > >
              > > Sukhi.
              > >
              > > P.
              > > removed]

              > http://mailplus.yahoo.com

            • Frank Kuan
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 12, 2003
                Hi Piya,
                I wasn't commenting on a technical issue. I was
                making a joke about attachments not being allowed in a
                buddhist forum. Get it? :-) :-) :-)

                Allowing [email] attachments is a yahoo group
                setting that the moderators determine. Most groups
                will disallow the attachments, to prevent overly large
                files and email viruses from being passed along.

                -fk

                http://mailplus.yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 12, 2003
                  Frank,

                  Ha ha attachments, that's a good one.

                  You know, whenever I read the sutta, I imagine the Buddha as a man of great and
                  subtle humour. Many of the remarks he makes becomes even more clear and beautiful
                  when one sees him this way. I could be wishful, but I don't think I am alone here. Am
                  I?

                  Sukhi.