SV: [Pali] Re: Unicode-Velthuis conversion

  • Gunnar Gällmo
    Message 1 of 9 , May 5 6:28 AM
      One bug I just noticed, about the letter .l:

      The conversion from Velthuis to Unicode works, but not from Unicode to Velthuis.

      Gunnar
    • alexgenaud
      Message 2 of 9 , May 5 2:40 PM
        Tusen tack för att påpeka detta fel, Gunnar.

        I have corrected the .l behaviour and implemented exactly what I said I would not in the same version 4. The following are supported velthuis digraphs which should now produce consistent transliteration cycles:

        aa ii uu .m "m "n ~n .t .d .n .l
        Aa Ii Uu .M "M "N ~N .T .D .N .L

        There are several additional undocumented digraphs (or exclusively documented here) for convenience, nine of which produce inconsistent cycles by design:

        AA II UU EE OO 'M 'm 'N 'n
        ee oo Ee Oo

        I wonder if there is desire for an expanded devanaagarii/Sanskrit repertoire?

        http://www.genaud.net/2013/03/convert/pali-transliteration-v4-hide.html

        Med vänliga hälsningar,
        Alex

        Message 3 of 9 , May 5 4:49 PM
          Tack s� mycket!

          To Alex, Gunnar and others who have made this helpful device for those who
          love and use Pali.

          May the Dharma prosper as the world needs it more than ever.

          Sadhu, and

          With metta and mudita,

          Piya Tan

          --