Need help finding sutta

  • Kumara Bhikkhu
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 7, 2013
      Need help here.

      I recall a sutta where Nigantha Nataputta was said to have recently
      died and his disciples began to quarrel about rules/vinaya. Ven
      Rahula having heard about this reported to the Buddha. Then the
      Buddha said that disputes about Vinaya is trivial. More serious is
      disputes about the Path (or something like that).

      Can anyone tell me where that is?

      kb
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 13, 2013
        Bhante Kumara,

        See Paasaadika Sutta (D 29) and Saamagaama Sutta (M 104). In both cases, it
        is Cunda the Novice who reports to AAnanda on the chaos following
        Naataputta death.

        An annotated translation of D 29 is found in SD 40a.6 at
        http://dharmafarer.org

        The Sutta Discovery series is now in vol 42, and we are indexing them by
        Sutta Title, Dharmas (topics) and Names, as the series is over 8000 pages
        now. All the volumes are freely available on the same website.

        With metta and mudita,

        Piya

        --
        *hp (65) 8211 0879*