Re: [Pali] Re: Samyutta Index & Reference Number Conversion Table

  • Kumara Bhikkhu
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 9, 2012
      I do believe that the Sutta Pitaka that we have now evolved from a
      set of samyuttas. I quite agree with Ajahn Sujato's General
      Integrated Sutta Theory (GIST). It's based on the Chinese records.
      The MN apparently came about only in the 2nd sangiti, and The
      (Maha)Satipatthana Sutta is a patchwork that got attributed to the
      Buddha. (I digress.)

      You don't mean to have the table corrected to reflect that, do you?

      thomaslaw03 wrote thus at 01:23 PM 08-09-12:
      >Dear Bhikkhu Kumara,
      >
      >SN 21 belongs also to Sagathavagga (Bhikkhu Bodhi, The Connected
      >Discourses of the Buddha, vol. 1, p. 532). Thus, it should be moved
      >back to the original collection of SN 1-11.
      >
      >SN 22, 35, 14, 56, 48, 12, 47, 49, 51, 46, 45 are the same subjects
      >of Vibhaga etc. (R.M.L Gethin, The Buddhist Path to Awakening, p.
      >278), and also the dhamma subjects frequently presented in the
      >Suttapitaka. It seems to me that these SN sutta-collections belong
      >to the very core teachings of the historical Buddha.
      >
      >Any advice?
      >
      >Sincerely,
      >
      >Thomas Law
    • Kumara Bhikkhu
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 9, 2012
        Nina, I think you didn't get what he was trying to say. Please refer
        to BB's comment on CDB.