Re: [Pali] Re: Translation of this sentence?

  • Kumara Bhikkhu
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 7, 2012
      That's what I thought you wanted to know about.

      Intoning refers to varying of tone. As for singing, beside varying in tone, it also entails varying the length of sound. You may have heard some people chanting
      Namo tassaaaaa...
      The 2nd syllable in the 2nd word is supposed to be short: sa. Dragging it deliberately would constitute "singing".

      kb