Re: [Pali] PTS Pali to PTS English

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 4, 2012
      Dear Sister Dipa,
      Op 4-jul-2012, om 2:15 heeft Sister Dipa het volgende geschreven:

      > I am guessing that there is an easy way to cross reference from
      > Pali PTS Vinaya to English PTS Vinaya.

      -------
      N: I found out that the PTS English Vol IV, mahaavagga, is in Pali
      Vol I.
      Perhaps this helps?

      Nina.
    • Kumara Bhikkhu
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 10, 2012
        Nina van Gorkom wrote thus at 04:43 PM 04-07-12:
        >Dear Sister Dipa,
        >Op 4-jul-2012, om 2:15 heeft Sister Dipa het volgende geschreven:
        >
        >> I am guessing that there is an easy way to cross reference from
        >> Pali PTS Vinaya to English PTS Vinaya.
        >>
        >-------
        >N: I found out that the PTS English Vol IV, mahaavagga, is in Pali
        >Vol I.
        >Perhaps this helps?

        That's probably the biggest stumbling block for a beginner. Somehow, Oldenberg decided to start with the Mahavagga and Culavagga.

        peace

        Kumâra Bhikkhu

        Catch the news from Sasanarakkha Buddhist Sanctuary! To be informed of special activities in SBS and Dhamma teaching tours by SBS monks, join SBSmail:
        * OR send a blank mail to <mailto:sbsmail-subscribe@yahoogroups.com>sbsmail-subscribe@yahoogroups.com (If you don't have and don't want a Yahoo! ID, when you get the request for confirmation, just click reply and send off mail, with or without the body text.)