Re: [Pali] Wisdom and the 73 Kinds of Mundane and Supramundane Knowledge (te-sattati ~naa.naa)

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2012
      Dear Ninti,
      Op 7-apr-2012, om 5:09 heeft ninti@... het volgende
      geschreven:

      > I'm wondering if anyone can comment on the accuracy of the Pali
      > language found in the following text:
      >
      > Wisdom and the 73 Kinds of Mundane and Supramundane Knowledge
      > (te-sattati ~naa.naa)
      ------
      N: This is correct. 67 kinds are shared by disciples and 6 are not
      shared by disciples, thus, only of the Buddha.
      Understanding can be classified in so many ways, it has many levels
      and it has diverse objects.
      There is understanding stemming from listening, pariyatti, there is
      understanding on the level of pa.tipatti, that is, satipa.t.thaana,
      there is pativedha, including the different levels of insight
      knowledge, then there is understanding that is lokuttara,
      experiencing nibbaana and eradicating defilements.