Wisdom and the 73 Kinds of Mundane and Supramundane Knowledge (te-sattati ~naa.naa)

  • ninti@internode.on.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 6 8:09 PM
      Hi,

      I'm wondering if anyone can comment on the accuracy of the Pali
      language found in the following text:

      Wisdom and the 73 Kinds of Mundane and Supramundane Knowledge
      (te-sattati ~naa.naa)

      translated by Bhikkhu Nyanadassana

      and found here:

      http://www.buddhistelibrary.org/en/displayimage.php?pid=586 [1]

      Thanks

      Mike

      Links:
      ------
      [1] http://www.buddhistelibrary.org/en/displayimage.php?pid=586

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3, 2012
        Dear Ninti,
        Op 7-apr-2012, om 5:09 heeft ninti@... het volgende
        geschreven:

        > I'm wondering if anyone can comment on the accuracy of the Pali
        > language found in the following text:
        >
        > Wisdom and the 73 Kinds of Mundane and Supramundane Knowledge
        > (te-sattati ~naa.naa)
        ------
        N: This is correct. 67 kinds are shared by disciples and 6 are not
        shared by disciples, thus, only of the Buddha.
        Understanding can be classified in so many ways, it has many levels
        and it has diverse objects.
        There is understanding stemming from listening, pariyatti, there is
        understanding on the level of pa.tipatti, that is, satipa.t.thaana,
        there is pativedha, including the different levels of insight
        knowledge, then there is understanding that is lokuttara,
        experiencing nibbaana and eradicating defilements.