Re: sithilahanu

  • jayarava
    Message 1 of 6 , May 20, 2012
      Bryan

      Thanks. Do you have the Taisho reference for that Agama text? I'd like to look at it.

      Some websites have the Hindi name of the openbilled stork as "Naththai Kuththi Narai" (but I can't make sense of this transliteration - I'm not convinced it's even Hindi). I've sent emails to Indian bird websites to try to get local names, and await replies. Hopefully I won't die before I get the information ;-)

      Regards
      Jayarava
    • Bryan Levman
      Message 2 of 6 , May 20, 2012
        Hi Jayarava,

        Yes, it's T01n0026_p0805a11, the end of the list along with the other birds whose feathers might furnish the arrow. Let us know if you find anything,

        Metta, Bryan