Another paper uploaded

  • ashinpan
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2012
      Dear members,

      I have uploaded another paper. This is the file named "new-approach-final.pdf" in the Ven. Pandita folder in the Files section. It is the final version---now published in the Vol. 19, Journal of Buddhist Ethics---of the already uploaded "new-approach.pdf".

      It is the same as the old version except two places where I have added some more material as the response to the reviewer. And it has a new abstract which runs:

      "I argue in this paper that early Buddhist ethics is one of absolute values and that we can consistently use those absolute values to interpret some early teachings that seemingly show an ethic of context-dependent and negotiable values. My argument is based on the concept of intention as karma, the implications and problems of which I have also discussed."

      I hope that the group members might find it interesting. Any feedback is, as usual, heartily welcome.

      with metta,

      Ven. Pandita
    • ashinpan
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 22, 2012
        Dear members,

        I have uploaded yet another paper. It is entitled "Buddhism as an ideology of social reform"; you can download the file named "social_reform.pdfL" in the Ven. Pandita folder of the Files section.

        As usual, I must say that all rights are reserved since I intend to submit to a peer-review journal.

        In this paper, I try to answer three questions:
        (1) Was the Buddha a social reformer? (My answer would be NO.)
        (2) Was he for, or against, social reformer? (My answer would be: he did not bother.)
        (3) Can a Buddhist be a social reformer? (My answer would be: any Buddhist can be a reformer or conservative provided he/she observes the Buddhist moral principles.)

        Any feedback is heartily welcome.

        with metta,

        Ven. Pandidta