Translate Chinese Passage

  • Kumara Bhikkhu
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 11, 2012
      Dear all,

      I'm looking for somebody to help me to translate to English a little passage from "Ding Fubao's Dictionary of Buddhist Studies". Is there anyone here who is skilled in classical Chinese, esp in the Buddhist context?

      FYI, I can read Chinese, but my knowledge of Chinese Buddhist terminology is quite limited, and I didn't manage to get a good grasp at classical Chinese in school.

      kb
    • Leonard
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 20, 2012
        Dear Ven Sir,

        I am not a skilled translator but I am willing to try. By the way, if you need a "professional" translation, you may be able to get some help from the members at http://www.dharmawheel.net, particularly Ven Huifeng and Huseng.

        regards,
        KL Lai

        --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, Kumara Bhikkhu <kumara.bhikkhu@...> wrote:

        > Dear all,
        >
        > I'm looking for somebody to help me to translate to English a little passage from "Ding Fubao's Dictionary of Buddhist Studies". Is there anyone here who is skilled in classical Chinese, esp in the Buddhist context?
        >
        > FYI, I can read Chinese, but my knowledge of Chinese Buddhist terminology is quite limited, and I didn't manage to get a good grasp at classical Chinese in school.
        >
        > kb

      • Mingkong Zhang
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1, 2012
          Dear Venerable:
                                  Which terminology that you need to get translated. May be some one could help you.
          If you meant the whole collection of "Ding Fu Bao Dictionary of Buddhist Studies".
          There is not available.
          The is " A dictionary of Chinese, English- Japanese Buddhist Terms" from Evergreen Publisher.

          With Metta

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 1, 2012
            Thanks for the offer. Two others have provided their translations for me.