Re : [Pali] food purity/pollution

  • Nicki Karu
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 12, 2011

      ....  bhikkhave, sāhāraṃ vadāmi, no anāhāraṃ. .... can be found at

      http://tipitaka.org/romn/cscd/s0404m3.mul6.xml
      http://metta.lk/tipitaka/2Sutta-Pitaka/4Anguttara-Nikaya/Anguttara6/10-dasakanipata/007-yamakavaggo-e.html

      Regards,
      Nicki

      De : Bryan Levman <bryan.levman@...>
      À : "Pali@yahoogroups.com" <Pali@yahoogroups.com>
      Envoyé le : Samedi 12 Novembre 2011 12h21
      Objet : Re: [Pali] food purity/pollution

      Dear Rajendra,

      Thanks for bringing this to the group's attention.Yes here the Buddha (Kassapa) repeatedly states
      esāmagandho na hi maṃsabhojanam... ("this is tainted fare, not the eating of flesh" per Norman's translation), in reference to hurting others, breaking the precepts, anger, arrogance, etc.).

      Metta, Bryan