Re: [Pali] online sutra text for agamas? Commentaries?

  • Oleksandr Demchenko
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 6, 2011
      Dear bhante and all,

      On Sat, Nov 5, 2011 at 2:24 PM, Bhikkhu Analayo
      <analayo@...> wrote:
      > partial commentary on the beginning parts of the Ekottarika-aagama, T1507.

      It would be extremely interesting to know if this one shares anything
      in common with Pali atthakathas.

      With best regards,
      Oleksandr
    • Bhikkhu Analayo
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 9, 2011
        Dear Oleksandr

        "It would be extremely interesting to know if this one shares anythingin common with Pali atthakathas."

        it is a little difficult to make a general statement but in principle there are certainly a number of similarities. But then the original text (i.e. the Ekottarika) is at times quite different from the Anguttara, so there are obviously also considerable differences. This commentary has so far not been translated into any European language, as far as I know, but there is an informative article on it

        Mori, Sodō 1970: "On the Fēn-bié-gōng-dé-lùn (分別功德論)", Indogaku Bukkyºgaku Ken­kyū / Journal of In­dian and Buddhist Studies, vol. 19 no. 1 pp. 458-452.

        with much mettaa

        Anaalayo