Re: Pali Fonts and Pali-English Dictionary - Unicode reminder > use Velthuis

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 30 4:24 PM
      Dear Nina, Yong Kiang and KL,

      yes, I have been asking members to post in Velthuis (again). But, I intentionally allow this to come through. As you should realise, the whole process of delivering even a character to your screen is complex. Having the right font which support Unicode is just one of the requirements at your end.

      Unfortunately, Yahoo! Groups still does not fully support Unicode. Please always use Velthuis. Thank you.

      --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, Leonard wrote:

      ṃ ḥ ṛ ḷ ā ī ū ê ô ṅ ñ ṭ ḍ ṇ ś ṣ

      Some older web pages or applications may still use non-unicode representation for those diacritic characters. In that case, you will need to install the specific font depends on which encoding schema they used.
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2011
        Dear Santindriya,
        Op 27-sep-2011, om 7:00 heeft Santindriya het volgende geschreven:

        > Are you the same Nina van Gorkom who wrote books like Abhidhamma in
        > Daily Life and The Buddhist Teachings on Physical Phenomena?
        >
        > If yes, very glad to be able communicate with you.
        -------
        N: Yes, the same person :-))
        ------

        > S: I am currently studying Pali at Ruwan Buddhist Society
        > (Singapore) with Venerable K Somananda.
        >
        > Do you have any PDF books on learning Pali and dictionary to
        > recommend?
        -----
        N: I use Warder hard cover. But look at the home page of this list,
        where you find all info and Pali books on line. I hope you can find
        this: http://www.tipitaka.net/
        On top is a green bar and go with your cursor to the second item
        where there are drop down menus. You find all about Pali.
        If you have questions, many on this list will help. I am just taking
        a break for a week,