Re: [Pali] Re: Free book: Visuddhimagga - The Path of Purification

  • Mingkong Zhang
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 5, 2011
      Thank you for your generosity.
      Peace with Metta
      Mingkong

      ________________________________
      From: Piya Tan <dharmafarer@...>
      To: Pali@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, September 5, 2011 8:54 AM
      Subject: Re: [Pali] Re: Free book: Visuddhimagga - The Path of Purification

      By the way, for those who want to cut and paste from the Vism (this version
      does not seem to support this feature), please contact me offline for a
      cut-and-paste-friendly version if you need it.

      Piya

      On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 1:14 PM, carlo4067 <carlo4067@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Dear Nina and friends,
      > you can try this free software http://www.tracker-software.com/
      > <http://www.tracker-software.com/> . You have to click get free pdf
      > viewer in this page. It's faster and much better than adobe. You can
      > also try to download "The Path of Purification" from the access to
      > insigth home page.
      > Metta
      > Lorenzo
      >
      > --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, Nina van Gorkom <vangorko@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Dear Bryan and friends,
      > > I have problems with pdf and cannot download this. I see I am not the
      > > only one. Can you help me? Perhaps convert it into Word and send me
      > > off list? I get only a cover and empty pages, no text. Thank you,
      > > Nina.
      > > Op 17-aug-2011, om 10:23 heeft Ong Yong Peng het volgende geschreven:
      > >
      > > > Visuddhimagga — The Path of Purification,
      > > > translated from Pali by Bhikkhu Ñānamoli
      > > >
      > > > This classic manual of Buddhist doctrine and meditation, is now
      > > > available free of charge. The entire volume can be downloaded in
      > > > PDF format here: http://what-buddha-said.net/library/pdfs/
      > > > PathofPurification2011.pdf

      The Minding Centre
      Singapore 650644
      hpl: 8211 0879
      Sutta translation: https://dharmafarer.org

    • frank
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 5, 2011
        I'm very grateful and appreciative for all the hard work that went into
        digitizing Vism.
        Does anyone know if other versions of it are forthcoming, such as an
        epub or a kindle friendly version? An HTML version would have been ideal
        (chapter links, footnotes etc hyperlinked).

        Does anyone know what advantage PDF offers for a 750 page book? No one
        is going to print it out. An ebook version has the huge advantage of
        being low eyestrain and readable outdoors in full sunlight. An HTML
        version would be ideal for someone who is already very familiar with the
        text and just consults it often as a reference.

        How nice it would be to see this working with Digital Pali Reader.
        -Frank

        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 6, 2011
          Dear Murukkan,
          Thanking you for the trouble. As explained to Chanida, I am
          postponing efforts, waiting for a technician.
          Nina.
          Op 27-aug-2011, om 13:24 heeft Morgan Morrison het volgende geschreven: