Re: Free book: Visuddhimagga - The Path of Purification

  • carlo4067
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 30, 2011
      Dear Nina and friends,
      you can try this free software http://www.tracker-software.com/
      <http://www.tracker-software.com/> . You have to click get free pdf
      viewer in this page. It's faster and much better than adobe. You can
      also try to download "The Path of Purification" from the access to
      insigth home page.
      Metta
      Lorenzo

      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 5, 2011
        By the way, for those who want to cut and paste from the Vism (this version
        does not seem to support this feature), please contact me offline for a
        cut-and-paste-friendly version if you need it.

        Piya

        On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 1:14 PM, carlo4067 <carlo4067@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Dear Nina and friends,
        > you can try this free software http://www.tracker-software.com/
        > <http://www.tracker-software.com/> . You have to click get free pdf
        > viewer in this page. It's faster and much better than adobe. You can
        > also try to download "The Path of Purification" from the access to
        > insigth home page.
        > Metta
        > Lorenzo
        >
        > --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, Nina van Gorkom <vangorko@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Dear Bryan and friends,
        > > I have problems with pdf and cannot download this. I see I am not the
        > > only one. Can you help me? Perhaps convert it into Word and send me
        > > off list? I get only a cover and empty pages, no text. Thank you,
        > > Nina.
        > > Op 17-aug-2011, om 10:23 heeft Ong Yong Peng het volgende geschreven:
        > >
        > > > Visuddhimagga � The Path of Purification,
        > > > translated from Pali by Bhikkhu �ānamoli
        > > >
        > > > This classic manual of Buddhist doctrine and meditation, is now
        > > > available free of charge. The entire volume can be downloaded in
        > > > PDF format here: http://what-buddha-said.net/library/pdfs/
        > > > PathofPurification2011.pdf

        The Minding Centre
        Singapore 650644
        hpl: 8211 0879
        Sutta translation: https://dharmafarer.org

        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 5, 2011
          Dear Chanida,
          Thank you for the trouble. I have a Mac 10.4.11. This does not work,
          but I shall consult a technician later on.
          Nina.

          Op 27-aug-2011, om 20:14 heeft Chanida Jantrasrisalai het volgende
          geschreven:

          > The downloaded pdf file looks perfect on both
          > "Adobe Reader X" and "STDU viewer."

        • Mingkong Zhang
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 5, 2011
            Thank you for your generosity.
            Peace with Metta
            Mingkong

            ________________________________
            By the way, for those who want to cut and paste from the Vism (this version
            does not seem to support this feature), please contact me offline for a
            cut-and-paste-friendly version if you need it.

            Piya

            On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 1:14 PM, carlo4067 <carlo4067@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > Dear Nina and friends,
            > you can try this free software http://www.tracker-software.com/
            > <http://www.tracker-software.com/> . You have to click get free pdf
            > viewer in this page. It's faster and much better than adobe. You can
            > also try to download "The Path of Purification" from the access to
            > insigth home page.
            > Metta
            > Lorenzo
            >
            > --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, Nina van Gorkom <vangorko@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Dear Bryan and friends,
            > > I have problems with pdf and cannot download this. I see I am not the
            > > only one. Can you help me? Perhaps convert it into Word and send me
            > > off list? I get only a cover and empty pages, no text. Thank you,
            > > Nina.
            > > Op 17-aug-2011, om 10:23 heeft Ong Yong Peng het volgende geschreven:
            > >
            > > > Visuddhimagga — The Path of Purification,
            > > > translated from Pali by Bhikkhu Ñānamoli
            > > >
            > > > This classic manual of Buddhist doctrine and meditation, is now
            > > > available free of charge. The entire volume can be downloaded in
            > > > PDF format here: http://what-buddha-said.net/library/pdfs/
            > > > PathofPurification2011.pdf

            The Minding Centre
            Singapore 650644
            hpl: 8211 0879
            Sutta translation: https://dharmafarer.org

          • frank
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 5, 2011
              I'm very grateful and appreciative for all the hard work that went into
              digitizing Vism.
              Does anyone know if other versions of it are forthcoming, such as an
              epub or a kindle friendly version? An HTML version would have been ideal
              (chapter links, footnotes etc hyperlinked).

              Does anyone know what advantage PDF offers for a 750 page book? No one
              is going to print it out. An ebook version has the huge advantage of
              being low eyestrain and readable outdoors in full sunlight. An HTML
              version would be ideal for someone who is already very familiar with the
              text and just consults it often as a reference.

              How nice it would be to see this working with Digital Pali Reader.
              -Frank

              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 6, 2011
                Dear Murukkan,
                Thanking you for the trouble. As explained to Chanida, I am
                postponing efforts, waiting for a technician.
                Nina.
                Op 27-aug-2011, om 13:24 heeft Morgan Morrison het volgende geschreven: