Re: [Pali] Free book: Visuddhimagga — The P ath of Purification

  • Bryan Levman
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 17, 2011
      Thanks Yong Peng,

      A great addition to my e-book collection!

      Metta, Bryan

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 17, 2011
        sadhu, sadhu, sadhu.

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 18, 2011
          This "Fourth" Vism (Nyanamoli) edition is certainly the best I've seen so
          far, not only with the totally new digital typeset, but with footnotes
          rather than troublesome endnotes.

          However, there is a mystery about this new edition. I have a "Fifth" edition
          (dated 1991) printed by Karunaratne & Son in Colombo. Its print is much
          clearer than this 2010 ed. It follows the old format. I wonder if this is
          the "lost" digital version mentioned in our edition here, which is given as
          the 4th ed (2010). This is going to be confusing for the librarians. Anyway,
          it remains that we have a more readable 2010 edition here.

          What does "Himi" at the end of Buddhaghosa and Nyanamoli's names mean?

          With metta,

          Piya Tan

          On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 4:33 AM, Brian Farley <zouzougne@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > sadhu, sadhu, sadhu.
          >
          > ________________________________

          The Minding Centre
          Singapore 650644
          hpl: 8211 0879
          Sutta translation: https://dharmafarer.org

        • Lennart Lopin
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 18, 2011
            Himi = monk in Sinhalese/Sinhala

            Metta,
            Lennart

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 18, 2011
              Thanks, Lennart,

              Himi must be the indicative or titular form of the vocative hamudruvo, then.
              Like "phra" in Thai.

              With metta,

              Piya

            • Sayadej Vongsopha
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 22, 2011
                Dear Dhamma friends,

                Thank for sharing the Visuddhimagga-The Path of Purification, but I don't know why I could not open it. The pages turns black as it notifies that the Adobe Reader cannot be used to view PDF file...

                In the Dhamma,

                Ven.Sayadej

                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 24, 2011
                  Are you using an up-to-date version of Adobe Reader?

                  Piya