Free book: Visuddhimagga — The Path of Purification

    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 17, 2011

      Visuddhimagga — The Path of Purification,
      translated from Pali by Bhikkhu Ñānamoli

      This classic manual of Buddhist doctrine and meditation, is now available free of charge. The entire volume can be downloaded in PDF format here: http://what-buddha-said.net/library/pdfs/PathofPurification2011.pdf

    • Mingkong Zhang
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 17, 2011
        Thank you for this valuable book info.
        Peace with Metta
        Mingkong

        ________________________________

      • svongsopha@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 24, 2011
          I am using Adobe reader 9.
          In the Dhamma,
          Sayadej
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 27, 2011
            Dear Bryan and friends,
            I have problems with pdf and cannot download this. I see I am not the
            only one. Can you help me? Perhaps convert it into Word and send me
            off list? I get only a cover and empty pages, no text. Thank you,
            Nina.
            Op 17-aug-2011, om 10:23 heeft Ong Yong Peng het volgende geschreven:

            > Visuddhimagga � The Path of Purification,
            > translated from Pali by Bhikkhu �ānamoli
            >
            > This classic manual of Buddhist doctrine and meditation, is now
            > available free of charge. The entire volume can be downloaded in
            > PDF format here: http://what-buddha-said.net/library/pdfs/
            > PathofPurification2011.pdf

          • Morgan Morrison
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 27, 2011
              Hi Nina,

              The PDF download does work, but here is what I would suggest to eliminate any blanks or spaces in the URL locator label. First, copy and then paste the entire "http://what-buddha-said.net/library/pdfs/PathofPurification2011.pdf" into a new web page URL label at the top of a web page in your browser. (You can copy and paste the title from the previous line, without the quotes. Hit the Return key on your keyboard and the PDF will download. Save the PDF as whatever you want to call it and save the downloaded PDF file to a location that's easy to find again. The downloads folder or desktop folder are both easy to find documents in. Open with PDF file with Adobe Acrobat Reader, unless your browser opens the downloaded PDF for you "automatically." The Visuddhimagga download is an English translation with no accompanying Pali text.

              I hope that this helps you with any problems that you may have experienced with this particular downloadable file.

              Metta,

              Murukkan

              ________________________________
              I have problems with pdf and cannot download this. I see I am not the
              only one. Can you help me? Perhaps convert it into Word and send me
              off list? I get only a cover and empty pages, no text. Thank you,
              Nina.
              Op 17-aug-2011, om 10:23 heeft Ong Yong Peng het volgende geschreven:

              > Visuddhimagga — The Path of Purification,
              > translated from Pali by Bhikkhu Ñānamoli
              >
              > This classic manual of Buddhist doctrine and meditation, is now
              > available free of charge. The entire volume can be downloaded in
              > PDF format here: http://what-buddha-said.net/library/pdfs/
              > PathofPurification2011.pdf

            • Chanida Jantrasrisalai
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 27, 2011
                Dear Yong Peng, Nina, Sayadej and friends,

                Thank you Yong Peng for sharing this useful resource.

                I downloaded the pdf file by right clicking at the link to the file and
                choose 'save target as.' The downloaded pdf file looks perfect on both
                "Adobe Reader X" and "STDU viewer."

                Not sure whether this is applicable to you, but it may worth trying. Both
                are free applications:

                http://www.adobe.com/products/reader.html

                http://www.stdutility.com/stduviewer.html

                With metta,
                Chanida

                On 27 August 2011 03:16, Nina van Gorkom <vangorko@...> wrote:

                > Dear Bryan and friends,
                > I have problems with pdf and cannot download this. I see I am not the
                > only one. Can you help me? Perhaps convert it into Word and send me
                > off list? I get only a cover and empty pages, no text. Thank you,
                > Nina.
                > Op 17-aug-2011, om 10:23 heeft Ong Yong Peng het volgende geschreven:
                >
                > > Visuddhimagga — The Path of Purification,
                > > translated from Pali by Bhikkhu Ñānamoli
                > >
                > > This classic manual of Buddhist doctrine and meditation, is now
                > > available free of charge. The entire volume can be downloaded in
                > > PDF format here: http://what-buddha-said.net/library/pdfs/
                > > PathofPurification2011.pdf

                > ------------------------------------

              • carlo4067
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 30, 2011
                  Dear Nina and friends,
                  you can try this free software http://www.tracker-software.com/
                  <http://www.tracker-software.com/> . You have to click get free pdf
                  viewer in this page. It's faster and much better than adobe. You can
                  also try to download "The Path of Purification" from the access to
                  insigth home page.
                  Metta
                  Lorenzo

                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 5, 2011
                    By the way, for those who want to cut and paste from the Vism (this version
                    does not seem to support this feature), please contact me offline for a
                    cut-and-paste-friendly version if you need it.

                    Piya

                    On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 1:14 PM, carlo4067 <carlo4067@...> wrote:

                    > **
                    >

                    > Dear Nina and friends,
                    > you can try this free software http://www.tracker-software.com/
                    > <http://www.tracker-software.com/> . You have to click get free pdf
                    > viewer in this page. It's faster and much better than adobe. You can
                    > also try to download "The Path of Purification" from the access to
                    > insigth home page.
                    > Metta
                    > Lorenzo
                    >
                    > --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, Nina van Gorkom <vangorko@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Dear Bryan and friends,
                    > > I have problems with pdf and cannot download this. I see I am not the
                    > > only one. Can you help me? Perhaps convert it into Word and send me
                    > > off list? I get only a cover and empty pages, no text. Thank you,
                    > > Nina.
                    > > Op 17-aug-2011, om 10:23 heeft Ong Yong Peng het volgende geschreven:
                    > >
                    > > > Visuddhimagga � The Path of Purification,
                    > > > translated from Pali by Bhikkhu �ānamoli
                    > > >
                    > > > This classic manual of Buddhist doctrine and meditation, is now
                    > > > available free of charge. The entire volume can be downloaded in
                    > > > PDF format here: http://what-buddha-said.net/library/pdfs/
                    > > > PathofPurification2011.pdf

                    The Minding Centre
                    Singapore 650644
                    hpl: 8211 0879
                    Sutta translation: https://dharmafarer.org

                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 5, 2011
                      Dear Chanida,
                      Thank you for the trouble. I have a Mac 10.4.11. This does not work,
                      but I shall consult a technician later on.
                      Nina.

                      Op 27-aug-2011, om 20:14 heeft Chanida Jantrasrisalai het volgende
                      geschreven:

                      Message 10 of 12 , Sep 5, 2011
                        Thank you for your generosity.
                        Peace with Metta
                        Mingkong

                        ________________________________
                        By the way, for those who want to cut and paste from the Vism (this version
                        does not seem to support this feature), please contact me offline for a
                        cut-and-paste-friendly version if you need it.

                        Piya

                        On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 1:14 PM, carlo4067 <carlo4067@...> wrote:

                        > **
                        >

                        > Dear Nina and friends,
                        > you can try this free software http://www.tracker-software.com/
                        > <http://www.tracker-software.com/> . You have to click get free pdf
                        > viewer in this page. It's faster and much better than adobe. You can
                        > also try to download "The Path of Purification" from the access to
                        > insigth home page.
                        > Metta
                        > Lorenzo
                        >
                        > --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, Nina van Gorkom <vangorko@...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Dear Bryan and friends,
                        > > I have problems with pdf and cannot download this. I see I am not the
                        > > only one. Can you help me? Perhaps convert it into Word and send me
                        > > off list? I get only a cover and empty pages, no text. Thank you,
                        > > Nina.
                        > > Op 17-aug-2011, om 10:23 heeft Ong Yong Peng het volgende geschreven:
                        > >
                        > > > Visuddhimagga — The Path of Purification,
                        > > > translated from Pali by Bhikkhu Ñānamoli
                        > > >
                        > > > This classic manual of Buddhist doctrine and meditation, is now
                        > > > available free of charge. The entire volume can be downloaded in
                        > > > PDF format here: http://what-buddha-said.net/library/pdfs/
                        > > > PathofPurification2011.pdf

                        The Minding Centre
                        Singapore 650644
                        hpl: 8211 0879
                        Sutta translation: https://dharmafarer.org

                      • frank
                        Message 11 of 12 , Sep 5, 2011
                          I'm very grateful and appreciative for all the hard work that went into
                          digitizing Vism.
                          Does anyone know if other versions of it are forthcoming, such as an
                          epub or a kindle friendly version? An HTML version would have been ideal
                          (chapter links, footnotes etc hyperlinked).

                          Does anyone know what advantage PDF offers for a 750 page book? No one
                          is going to print it out. An ebook version has the huge advantage of
                          being low eyestrain and readable outdoors in full sunlight. An HTML
                          version would be ideal for someone who is already very familiar with the
                          text and just consults it often as a reference.

                          How nice it would be to see this working with Digital Pali Reader.
                          -Frank

                          Message 12 of 12 , Sep 6, 2011
                            Dear Murukkan,
                            Thanking you for the trouble. As explained to Chanida, I am
                            postponing efforts, waiting for a technician.
                            Nina.
                            Op 27-aug-2011, om 13:24 heeft Morgan Morrison het volgende geschreven: