Re: Andy's Pali Page

  • Ong Yong Peng <ypong001@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2003
      Dear Ven. Kumara and friends,

      Bhante, thanks for the link.

      I am considering to save the site over to our file section, for easy
      future referencing. What does everyone think about this?

      --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, Kumaara Bhikkhu wrote:
      > Can't find Andy Shaw's Pali website?
      >
      > You can get it here:
      > http://web.archive.org/web/20020124095853/http://members.home.net/j-
      andrew-shaw/pali.htm
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 1, 2003
        Venerable, Yong Peng & friends,

        We must congratulate Ven. Kumara for rediscovering Andy's Pali Website, which I
        failed to relocate despite trying to email him personally. He must be in retreat of
        sorts for a well-deserved break.

        Although I have a hard copy of the site, an online version should be maintained for
        budding lotuses in our Pali pool.

        Sukhi.

      • rjkjp1 <rjkjp1@yahoo.com>
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 1, 2003
          ---
          Dear Yong Peng,
          A very good idea,
          Robertk

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 4, 2003
            Dear Ven. Kumara, Piya, Robert and friends,

            I have completed the archiving of Andy's Pali Page. It is available
            here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Pali/files/andy/

            Unfortunately, the archive is not complete, many pages under the Easy
            Input section are not available. Links to these missing pages have
            been "disabled".

            Furthermore, the zip and jpeg files are also missing. The jpeg files
            belong to a few pages in the Easy Input section too. It would be good
            if someone is able to regenerate the files and put them back.

            As for the zip files, the archive is incomplete without them.
            Fortunately, four out of the eight are already in our files section.
            So, the links have been redirected to them. For the remaining four,
            it is hoped that someone who has them is able to upload them or send
            it to me at ypong001@... .

            Thanks.

          • John Kelly
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 4, 2003
              Yong Peng,
              I have some of the files you're looking for: the
              paltxt.zip and the pwdict.zip. I also have the input
              easy documentation in rtf format. I don't have the
              input easy learning files that he had on his site, but
              I did create my own learning file for the Pali Primer,
              which is already in our files section, and I've almost
              completed an input easy learning file for the
              Gair/Karunattillake Newcourse in Reading Pali, which I
              will load there when complete.

              I'm sending you the files in a separate email
              off-list.

              John
              --- "Ong Yong Peng <ypong001@...>"

              http://mailplus.yahoo.com
            • Ong Yong Peng <ypong001@yahoo.com>
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 4, 2003
                Dear John and friends,

                thanks a lot for the files. I spent hours searching for them in the
                web, should have asked the group first. I have updated the links as
                well as the LOST page, however you may have to click the
                Refresh/Reload button to see the updated page.