Re: The New Pali Course Part III [45/120] - Summary

    Message 1 of 102 , Jun 15, 2011
      Dear Nina,

      thanks. In this case, the commentator added layers of meaning to the original teachings. I suggest we break here for this exercise. If you intend to discuss something specific to this commentary, please start a new thread. Thank you.

      > 1. As we have already read, we are referring to the road travelled by Citta.
      > 2. The commentator had given it a metaphorical description: road of the Buddhas (plural).

      N: I agree, in this sense, when we read that Citta entered the road of the Buddhas it can mean both, in a litteral sense and in a metaphorical sense. When we read about people standing on two sides of the road, I wonder why it is said: on two sides. That would look like a deviation from the middle path.
    • Bryan Levman
      Message 102 of 102 , Jul 26, 2011
        Thanks Nina for the explanation. You certainly know more about this material (Abhidhamma) than I do,

        Metta, Bryan