Re: [Pali] The New Pali Course Part III [48/120]

    Message 1 of 102 , Jun 15, 2011
      thank you.
      Op 15-jun-2011, om 9:21 heeft Ong Yong Peng het volgende geschreven:

      > 5. "Eka.m samaya.m Bhagavaa Saavatthiya.m viharati Jetavane
      > Anaathapi.ndikassa aaraame, tatra kho Bhagavaa bhikkhuu aamantesi
      > 'bhikkhavo'ti." [S.i,218, etc.]
      --------
      N: Once the Blessed One stayed at Saavatthi, in the Jeta Grove of
      Anaathapi.ndika, and there he addressed the monks: "Monks..."
      --------

      > 6. "Atha kho raajaa Maagadho Ajaatasattu Vedehiiputto...
      > aarohaniiya.m naaga.m abhiruhitvaa ukkaasu dhaariyamaanaasu
      > Raajagahamhaa niyyaasi." [D.i,49]
      ---------
      N: Then the King of Maagadha, Ajaatasattu, the son of Queen Videha...
      ascended on the elephant that was fitting to be mounted, while
      torches were being carried, and set out from Raajagaha.

      arohaniiya: that should be mounted, that was fitting to be mounted.
      ukkaa: torch.

    • Bryan Levman
      Message 102 of 102 , Jul 26 8:46 AM
        Thanks Nina for the explanation. You certainly know more about this material (Abhidhamma) than I do,

        Metta, Bryan