Re: [Pali] Re: The New Pali Course Part III [45/120] - Summary

    Message 1 of 102 , Jun 15, 2011
      Dear Yong Peng,
      Op 15-jun-2011, om 9:14 heeft Ong Yong Peng het volgende geschreven:

      > On this point, I beg to differ. Again, we have to be mindful that
      > we are looking at the commentarial literature here.
      >
      > 1. As we have already read, we are referring to the road travelled
      > by Citta.
      >
      > 2. The commentator had given it a metaphorical description: road of
      > the Buddhas (plural).
      -------
      N: I agree, in this sense, when we read that Citta entered the road
      of the Buddhas it can mean both, in a litteral sense and in a
      metaphorical sense. When we read about people standing on two sides
      of the road, I wonder why it is said: on two sides. That would look
      like a deviation from the middle path.

    • Bryan Levman
      Message 102 of 102 , Jul 26, 2011
        Thanks Nina for the explanation. You certainly know more about this material (Abhidhamma) than I do,

        Metta, Bryan