Re: [Pali] Re: The New Pali Course Part III [45/120] - Summary

    Message 1 of 102 , Jun 14, 2011
      Thank you, it looks very good. Just a doubt about one sentence.
      Op 15-jun-2011, om 2:48 heeft Ong Yong Peng het volgende geschreven:

      > Buddhaana.m sammukha.t.thaane pana .thitaa vaa nisinnaa vaa ito vaa
      > etto vaa na honti, buddhaviithiyaa dviisu passesu niccalaava
      > ti.t.thanti.
      > [The people] standing or sitting at a place in the presence of the
      > Buddhas are not here nor there [i.e. not moving], but remain as
      > though motionless on the two sides of the road of the Buddhas.
      > [here referring to the noble eightfold path]

      ---------
      N: I am inclined to take road literally here. I see it as respect to
      form two rows on each side of the path the Buddha will take.

    • Bryan Levman
      Message 102 of 102 , Jul 26, 2011
        Thanks Nina for the explanation. You certainly know more about this material (Abhidhamma) than I do,

        Metta, Bryan